Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fear of the Red

I absolutely adore make-up.

It has been a very important part of me since I entered teen-hood.
I almost feel sick if I don't have make-up equipped and hardly recognise myself fresh-faced. 

One thing, I just couldn't get my head around was me with red lipstick. 
Love the look and the idea of it but for some reason, when I sport the le chic red lippy - I look like a tranny that may or may not sell his/her body to the night. 

Being my unfortunate circumstances, you can only imagine my reaction when red lips all of a sudden became the BOOM. 
I resented every lass that was able to pull it off by commenting on their photo "You look slutty". 
Yep, I was that spiteful jez-girl.

I kept on with my life though, with my boring childish nude lips. 
That is, until just the other night. 

It was like I was three years old again, I was staying with my mother duckette in Sydney and like usual, I was raiding through her goods to see if there were any that I may be interested in "borrowing". 
I came across Chanel's scorching red lippy, still fresh and glistening. 
Naturally, I had to give it a chance. 
I don't know if it was the two glasses of wine that I had earlier or if I had just finally grown up as a woman.


IT LOOKED BULL-SHIT HOT. 

I then went out with my blood-stained lips thinking that I was all that. 
Though this may be a very "cool blog bro" kind of post but seriously, it was like I swam for the first time. 
Congratulations are welcome. 
- A- 

No comments:

Post a Comment