Monday 4 February 2013

White Out


Can anybody on the face of this doomed planet look bad in a freshly ironed crisp white blouse? 

Honestly, to this day I can still remember every so clearly, the first time I buttoned myself up in a heavenly-white blouse.
It was a very special moment. 

This takes us back to my school ducks phase.

I went to the same school from Year One all the way to Year Twelve. 
A typical pretentious old-girls private school in a small suburban town that proclaimed itself as the "Garden City". 

Everything about this school I hated barring the bull-shit over-priced uniform. 
They were snobby and definitely over-the-top, naturally, I adored it. 

Our Winter uniform was by far my favourite number. 

+ White Button-Up Blouse +
+ Tartan 100% Cotton/Wool Pleated Skirt +
+ Navy High Socks +
+ Black Mary-Janes +
+Tartan Tie to match the Skirt +

Okay, I understand that the above may sound like something that would feature in a late-night xxx film BUT, give me the ben of the doubt, when I say this but us girls, sure looked bangin'. 

The first time I wore this collaboration was in June 1992. 
At the wee age of 5, I was well-aware that I looked BOSS. 
All thanks to the plain white button-up and perhaps the tie gave it just that cheeky boost too. 

Present time -  at the age of 25. 
I wear a white blouse to work and still feel like I could rule the world simply by poppin' up my well-bleached collars. 
Yes, I'll admit it. 
 I feel mighty sexy y'all. 

I can bet my favourite limb (my left fin) that the general fem pop could not agree with me more. 

(very pleased to go to work this day) 


- A -

No comments:

Post a Comment