Thursday 31 January 2013

If I Were a Dude



I think I may think about being born a dude more often than normal. 



I actually do often get told that I should've been a dude. 
I happen to strongly agree. 

Like a boy, LOVE to drink. 
Like a boy, I turn my head when a total babe walks past in a short-mini-skirt. 
Like a boy, not really a fan to show too much emotions. 
Like a boy, lives for the rowdy nights out with the man-pals. 
Like a boy, gets very attached to video games. 

In certain circumstances, all I wish is to be a boy. 
Let me just name a few cheekies...

1. Hung over Sundays. 
The last thing I want to do on a well-hung Sunday after a putrid night out is to clean yourself up and wear fresh make-up to look mediocre pretty. 

2. Busting Moments. 
When the water closet is beyond 1km away and you are really needing the powder room. 
You just wish you could just fling it out like it was nobody's business. 

3. Promiscuous Nights. 
I know that this may sound sexist however, it is inevitable for a female to be judged should they have be known to have multiple sexual encounters with multiple partners. 
WHEREAS, lads get glory, highfives, wolf-whistles and fist pumps. 
Seriously, what the fudge? 

4. Ageing. 
Let's not lie here. 
As males age, they get finer. Like wine. 
As females age, they get stale. Like grapes. 

These are just a few that come to my mind but really I could name hundreds, heck, thousands of reasons why life would've been so much greener being born a boy. 

In the end, all that keeps me from Ellen Degeneres-ing is the sweet sweeeeeeet clothes that come with being a girl. 
Lace. 
Thrills. 
Leather. 
Heels. 
Ribbons. 
I would sacrifice beers, football and mates for any of these things. 
Materialistic as that may sound, this is what really makes me the most flamboyant tom-boy since 1987.

I suppose, even in my choice of clothing, you are able to detect that I have serious "wanna-be-a-boy" syndrome. 
If had the choice of a cute pink floral dress over a tank with shorts. 
A second wouldn't even pass before I select the later opt. 

That all said, before I sound like some crazy gender-confused teenager...
At the end of the day, while I lie on my humble bedding and view out my window. 
I really thank the stars for being a girl and being almost commended for wearing what I wear. 

-A-




No comments:

Post a Comment